Lactose intolerance means the body cannot easily digest lactose, a type of natural sugar found in milk and dairy products.It occurs when the small intestine does not make enough of an enzyme called lactase which break down, or digest, lactose. It can cause uncomfortable symptoms such as gas, belly pain, and bloating.
By limiting or avoiding milk products. Use milk with reduced lactose, or substitute soy milk and soy cheese for milk and milk products. Curd with live cultures is beneficial. Dietary supplements called lactase products also helps to digest lactose.
Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease
Gluten is protein that gives elasticity to dough helping it to rise and to keep its shape of wheat, rye and barley products. Gluten intolerance is a spectrum of disorders in which gluten has an adverse effect on the body. Symptoms include bloating, abdominal discomfort or pain, diarrhea, muscular disturbances and bone or joint pain. Celiac Disease is the most severe form of gluten intolerance that damages the lining of the small intestine (the villi) and compromises the absorption of nutrients.
Avoid foods containing gluten like breads, chapatti, cakes. Go on gluten free diet.
This type of reaction occurs within minutes of eating an egg. Symptoms include, rashes and swelling on the face and around the mouth. People with egg intolerance need to avoid all foods containing egg white or egg yolk, from all sources, including chicken.
Many food products, like cakes, bread, mayonnaise and custard, contain egg or egg proteins, so need to be vigilant about checking ingredients labels before buying them.
MSG (Mono sodium glutamate) is commonly found in food products such as soups, processed meats, sauces, gravies, mixes and snack foods. It acts as flavour enhancer. Adverse reactions include Headache, Flushing, Sweating, Facial pressure or tightness, Numbness, tingling or burning in face, neck and other areas, rapid heartbeats, chest pain, nausea, weakness.
The only way to prevent a reaction is to avoid foods containing MSG. It is very popular in Asian (especially Chinese) cuisine. Read food labels before buying any such product containing MSG.
- Why I Stopped Drinking Almond Milk & Went Back to Regular Milk Instead (thekitchn.com)
- I’m gluten intolerant. What can’t I eat? (noicanteatthat.com)
- Going gluten-free in Colorado is popular, but comes with pitfalls (denverpost.com)
- Top 10 tips to surviving BBQ’s with a food intolerance (noicanteatthat.com)
- Gluten Intolerance (goodbye2gluten.wordpress.com)
- Food Intolerance and Allergy (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- Dairy Intolerance – Casein or Lactose? (theholisticeye.com)
- Lactards Can Have Dairy With the Help of a Few Little Pills (gizmodo.co.uk)
- I’m lactose intolerant. What can’t I eat? (noicanteatthat.com)
- Delicious Gluten and Lactose Free Recipes (bookmouse10708.wordpress.com)