Food craving is an intense desire to consume a specific food, stronger than simply normal hunger. Usually food cravings arise to satisfy emotional needs, such as anxiety, stress, boredom and mood swings which lead to low serotonin levels. This low serotonin levels (neuro transmitter) sends a signal to the brain to have a positive impact on food. While cravings can mean a number of things including psychological reasons, a strong craving usually indicates your body is low in a specific nutrient, vitamin or mineral which are listed below!
When you crave for chocolates???
Chocolate cravings may be linked to low blood sugar, stress or changing hormonal levels prior to a woman’s menstrual cycle. Eating chocolate often indicates chromium & magnesium deficiency. Serotonin is the neurotransmitter that is responsible for feelings of well-being and enhanced mood. Chocolate is chosen by emotional eaters, since eating it can raise serotonin levels and help them forget about emotional or other problems, low self-esteem or mildly depressed mood.
How to curb it:
Replace sweets and chocolates with fruits. Often our bodies will exhibit cravings for sweets when there is lack of protein therefore include sprouts or egg whites in your diet to increase your protein intake.
- FOOD CRAVINGS- 1(Craving For Salt) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- Can You Get Mood Swings If You Go on a Protein Diet? (seonpage.wordpress.com)
- When Should I Listen to My Cravings? (inspirehomefitness.com)
- EFT and food cravings (bewillingtoshine.wordpress.com)
- November Recipe: Food and Your Mood (sjcmastergardeners.wordpress.com)
- Hypnotherapy and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) (andynortonhypnotherapy.wordpress.com)
- Choose Your Chocolate Wisely (personalliberty.com)
- Holiday Dieting: A Sweet Way To Cheat! (coffeedrinkfood.wordpress.com)
- Help! My food cravings are driving me crazy! (sundaisy4u.wordpress.com)
- 5 Tips to beat cravings for sweets (flflblog.wordpress.com)