Food craving is an intense desire to consume a specific food, stronger than simply normal hunger. Usually food cravings arise to satisfy emotional needs, such as anxiety, stress, boredom and mood swings which lead to low serotonin levels. This low serotonin levels (neuro transmitter) sends a signal to the brain to have a positive impact on food. While cravings can mean a number of things including psychological reasons, a strong craving usually indicates your body is low in a specific nutrient, vitamin or mineral which are listed below!
When you crave fatty foods???
People crave fats and oily foods because their diets are deficient in essential fatty acids. Others may be experiencing a deficiency in fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamins A, D, E and K. Some have fast metabolism that burn up calories rapidly; these are the people who eat more and still remain thin. Fats and oils contain the high calorie levels that these people need to feel satisfied. Cravings for fatty or oily foods therefore are linked to nutritional deficiency. However, fatty food cravings are also linked to stress and emotional eating.
How to curb it: Fatty food cravings can be curbed by consuming nuts & dry fruits like walnuts, almonds, dates and flaxseeds as they are rich in essential fatty acids.
- FOOD CRAVINGS – 2 ( Craving For Chocolate) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- FOOD CRAVING-3 (Craving for Spicy Food) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- FOOD CRAVINGS- 1(Craving For Salt) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- When Should I Listen to My Cravings? (inspirehomefitness.com)
- Stop the PMS Pounds (whatthehealthmag.wordpress.com)
- Nutritional Importance of Lipids (pcdpharmacompany.wordpress.com)
- 6 Ways to Reduce Food Cravings (thejennyevolution.com)
- Don’t Crave Food… Crave Endorphins! (thenaturalhigh1.wordpress.com)
- Cravings (runology.wordpress.com)
- EFT and food cravings (bewillingtoshine.wordpress.com)