Food craving is an intense desire to consume a specific food, stronger than simply normal hunger. Usually food cravings arise to satisfy emotional needs, such as anxiety, stress, boredom and mood swings which lead to low serotonin levels. This low serotonin levels (neuro transmitter) sends a signal to the brain to have a positive impact on food. While cravings can mean a number of things including psychological reasons, a strong craving usually indicates your body is low in a specific nutrient, vitamin or mineral which are listed below!
When you crave carbohydrates???
(Refined food based cravings): Indicate insulin resistance, hypoglycaemia (blood sugar fluctuations), chromium deficiency or fatigue. Low carbohydrate level in your body leads to mood swings. In extreme cases, it might even lead to depression. So we crave for carbohydrates to boost our mood. Sometimes when your energy levels are down you tempt to have high carbohydrate foods as your appetite is low.
How to curb it: Never skip your meals. Replace white rice and refined flours with brown rice & whole wheat flour. Have more fibre rich foods like fruits and vegetables to overcome it.
- FOOD CRAVINGS-4(Craving For Fatty Foods) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- FOOD CRAVING-3 (Craving for Spicy Food) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- FOOD CRAVINGS – 2 ( Craving For Chocolate) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- FOOD CRAVINGS- 1(Craving For Salt) (chanpreetvirk.wordpress.com)
- ILD Nutrition Manual: Prednisone and Weight Gain | Patient … (thomasccales.wordpress.com)
- Carbohydrates, Your Main Energy Source (weight-loss-tips-and-secrets.com)
- Why do we have food cravings? (veronikagoncalves.wordpress.com)
- EFT and food cravings (bewillingtoshine.wordpress.com)