Curry leaves are herbs which are added to curries, stews, soups, legumes, and many such preparations not just for the flavour but they also provide many health benefits.
Health benefits of Curry leaves
- Diarrhoea: The carbazole alkaloids present in it play an important role in controlling diarrhoea.
- The presence of antioxidants, vitamins and alkaloids helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system.
- Controls diabetes: help in controlling the blood glucose levels.
- Cholesterol control: The antioxidants present help in controlling the LDL or bad cholesterol.
- Good source of vitamin A and help in maintaining good eyesight.
- Reduces side effects of both chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Tip!! Taking curry leaves on a regular basis can nullify the effects of free radicals which can damage the liver
- Health Benefits of Curry leaves in Cooking (simplyvegetarian777.wordpress.com)
- A Spice A Day – Curry Leaves (whipadish.com)
- Popular Super Food to Learn About (esteemedliving.com)
- Fight Food Fatigue (massageenvy.com)
- New love- The Curry Leaf (lilyshanker.wordpress.com)
- Breast Health Recipe: Curried Cauliflower (breastcancer.answers.com)
- Banana Blossom curry (Vaazhaipoo curry) (strawberrylentils.com)
- Vegetarian Soup Recipes (vegetarian.answers.com)
- National Curry Week – Our Favourite Dishes (jacamoblog.co.uk)