Nutraceutical word with “nutra” derived from nutrition and “ceutical” from pharmaceutical. A nutraceutical is any substance that is a food or a part of a food and provides medical or health benefits, including the prevention and treatment of disease. Such products may range from isolated nutrients, dietary supplements and specific diets to genetically engineered designer foods, herbal products, and processed foods such as cereals, soups and beverages.
Dairy based nutraceuticals
Probiotics are live microorganisms that Improve intestinal microbial balance present in curd.
- Stimulates the immune system and reduces symptoms of lactose intolerance
- Prevents bacterial overgrowth in the intestine and provides relief for antibiotic-induced diarrhea
- Regulates bowel movements
- Increases satiety (feelings of fullness)and metabolizes body fat
- Lowers blood pressure, Improves mineral absorption and helps prevent colon cancer