Herb is a flowering plant whose stem above ground does not become woody and persistent. Herbs are valued not only for its medicinal properties but also for the flavor they contribute to Indian dishes.
Coriander is a great source of potassium, iron, vitamin A, K and C, folic acid, magnesium and calcium. Therefore it is known all over the world for its medicinal properties.
Health benefits of Coriander
- Rich source of vitamin C which is essential for healthy body and skin.
- Anti-diabetic properties, stimulates insulin production and helps maintain healthy blood sugar.
- Its regular intake protects from food borne diseases due to its anti-bacterial properties.
- Contains high amount of iron which helps to prevent anemia.
- Contains natural compounds which help to detox the body and remove all the traces of heavy toxic metals like lead, arsenic, mercury
Tip!! Women particularly should include coriander seeds and fresh leaves in their diet to gain iron