Flavonoides, essential oils and molecules such as gallic acid, oxalic acid, malic acid and tannins contribute to its medicinal properties, it is a good source of mineral salts viz. calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and vitamin C and fairly good amount of carotene.
- The antibacterial, antioxidant and astringent effect of this fruit makes it beneficial in diabetes, diarrhea, enlarged spleen
- Teeth disorders-The bark is used as a mouth freshener and for treating inflammation of the gum tissue
- Weight loss– very low on calories and fat free
- Skin– used as a face mask to treat oily skin and acne because of its astringent and antibacterial properties.
- Ringworm treatment – water diluted juice is used as lotion.
- Diabetes- Even Diabetics can consume this fruit or drink its juice without increasing the sugar level.