- Immune system does a remarkable job of defending you against disease-causing microorganisms. But sometimes it fails: A germ invades successfully and makes you sick.
- To increase our bodies’ immunity we need to increase the strength of immunity by including foods that boosts our immune system.
Following are the general good health guidelines to keep your immune system strong and healthy:
- Avoid smoking
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables, and whole grains and low in saturated fat.
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Control your blood pressure
- Get adequate sleep
- Take steps to avoid infection, cooking food thoroughly and storing the foods at appropriate temperature.