- Sugar exists in many forms besides just the white powdered cane sugar. Sugar in all of its forms (including corn syrup, honey and maple syrup) affects the body in the following ways.
- Sugar increases bad cholesterol and triglycerides and also stresses the liver.
- Though sugar in some form is naturally present in many foods, by itself, it contains no nutrients, no proteins, no healthy fats and no enzymes. Just empty and quickly digested calorie that actually pull minerals from the body during digestion.
- Jaggery is a natural sweetener and good source of nutrients. Also provides energy over an extend period of time.
- Jaggery aids in digestion and reduces constipation. Also helps in cleaning respiratory tracts, lungs, food pipe, stomach and intestine.
- Jaggery with water has cooling effect on body during summer.
Jaggery is beneficial for people with diabetes, liver disfunctioning, cold, dry cough and asthma