Pepper has an important role in most of the soups and main course dishes. They are widely used around the world.
Medicinal uses of Pepper:
- In many Ayurvedic medicines pepper is used.
- It has tremendous antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties.
- Pepper improves digestion, kills worms, and treats coughs, colds, sinusitis, heart problems, colic, diabetes, anaemia and piles.
- For fever, a peppery soup is very helpful since it has anti-feverish qualities.
- For throat inflammation, chewing raw black pepper is very helpful.
- Pepper oil is used to treat insect bites and scalp infections.