Fibre helps in constipation:
Fill up your plate with foods like berries, grapes, whole grams, whole grains, vegetables and nuts.
Fibre rich foods like these help digestion and keep your bowel regular.
Your body needs a recommended 20-30grams of fibre daily.
• We have trillions of bacteria in our gut that help us digest food, and yogurt contains some types of these healthy bacteria’s such as Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Lactis etc.,
Yogurt has bacteria, which replenishes the normal flora within the gastrointestinal tract and so it’s healthy.
Pepper has an important role in most of the soups and main course dishes. They are widely used around the world.
Medicinal uses of Pepper:
- In many Ayurvedic medicines pepper is used.
- It has tremendous antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties.
- Pepper improves digestion, kills worms, and treats coughs, colds, sinusitis, heart problems, colic, diabetes, anaemia and piles.
- For fever, a peppery soup is very helpful since it has anti-feverish qualities.
- For throat inflammation, chewing raw black pepper is very helpful.
- Pepper oil is used to treat insect bites and scalp infections.
- Maida flour has become a part and parcel of bakery industry. Maida flour is basically used in the preparation of paratha’ s, white breads, cake, biscuits, rumali roti etc.,
- Maida can destroy the beta cells of pancreas which produce insulin to lower sugar levels and increase the chances of diabetes in human beings.
- Using Maida based products also results in constipation and indigestion problem. Maida would also result in increase of weight.
- Wheat is probably the most common cereal available all around the world and is in even high demand in recent years due to its abundant health benefits.
- Wheat considerably lowers the hazards of heart diseases. Owing to its comparatively low fat content. It also regulates blood glucose levels in diabetic patients.
- The nutrient value of wheat is retained even after processing into the flour.
- Sugar exists in many forms besides just the white powdered cane sugar. Sugar in all of its forms (including corn syrup, honey and maple syrup) affects the body in the following ways.
- Sugar increases bad cholesterol and triglycerides and also stresses the liver.
- Though sugar in some form is naturally present in many foods, by itself, it contains no nutrients, no proteins, no healthy fats and no enzymes. Just empty and quickly digested calorie that actually pull minerals from the body during digestion.
- Jaggery is a natural sweetener and good source of nutrients. Also provides energy over an extend period of time.
- Jaggery aids in digestion and reduces constipation. Also helps in cleaning respiratory tracts, lungs, food pipe, stomach and intestine.
- Jaggery with water has cooling effect on body during summer.
Jaggery is beneficial for people with diabetes, liver disfunctioning, cold, dry cough and asthma
- Papaya is great for the skin and helps to get rid of acne and skin infections as it helps to open clogged pores.
- It is rich in fiber which lowers blood cholesterol levels. It contains vitamins that help prevent oxidation of cholesterol, which in return helps to prevent heart-attacks.
- The antioxidants in papaya help in controlling premature ageing and help you get a younger look.
- Papaya helps in preventing constipation and aids in digestion.
- Its juice helps in curing infections of the colon by clearing the pus and mucus from it. You need to take it regularly to heal quickly.
- It is low in calories and high in nutritional values. Hence, it is a good food for those who want to lose some weight.
- It is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C that help in boosting the body’s immunity and hence is very good for those who are suffering from fever, cold or flu.
- It helps in controlling the menstrual irregularities in women. Papaya helps to ease menstrual cramps and helps in promoting regular flow of menstruation.
- Due to their well-known therapeutic value, grapes can be used as a cure for asthma.
- Grapes are a wonderful source of micro-nutrients like copper, iron, and manganese, all of which are important in the formation and strengthening of the bones.
- Grapes increase the nitric oxide levels in the blood, which prevents blood clots. Therefore, grapes are an effective way to reduce the chances of heart attacks.
- Ripe grape juice is an important home remedy for curing migraines.
- Grapes are very effective in overcoming and eliminating constipation.
- Grapes can substantially reduce the acidity of uric acid and they also help to eliminate acid from the system, thereby reducing the stress and pressure on the kidneys.
- Grapes contain a compound called pterostilbene, which has the capacity to lower a person’s cholesterol levels
- Red grapes have strong anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that can protect you from infections.
Food Processing, Food and health, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry, Food Facts