Til ki Gajak
Apart from a distinct and pleasant taste, til and gur are high on nutritional values as well.
- Half a cup of sesame seeds contains appox. 3 times more calcium than equivalent quantity of whole milk.
- Til is one of the richest sources of iron in Indian vegetarian cooking.
- Also contain dietary copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B1, vitamin, E, protein, and fiber.
- Til contain sesamin and sesamolin- lower and prevent high blood pressure.
- Helps in protecting the liver against oxidative damage.
- Gur or jaggery contains 10 times more iron as compared to spinach.
- Healthier than refined sugar as it contains several vitamins and minerals
- Helps to cure cough, migraine, cold, asthma, fatigue and indigestion.
Packed with antioxidants and cancer-fighting phytochemicals such as anthocyanins, pelargonidins, gallic acid, cyanidins, coumaric, catechins, kaempferols, ellagic acid, ferulic acid and salicylic acid. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B complex, folic acid, copper, iron and dietary fiber.
- Depression: rich source of Vitamin B and folic acid which give mood an instant lift and reduce depression.
- Medicinal properties– Helps in controlling cholesterol, Uric acid, insomnia , Constipation & urinary tract infections
- Weight loss: Manganese and fibre presence increase basal metabolic rate and reduce weight
- Enhances fertility– Vitamin C and magnesium enhance fertility and reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Skin : The antioxidants Anthocyanins stimulate collagen production thus giving you a beautiful complexion.
- Anthocyanins also helps fight against fungi and bacteria.