- Biotin: Biotin, a water soluble vitamin of the B complex, encourages hair and scalp health. Dietary sources of biotin include nuts, brown rice, whole grains, eggs/egg yolk and oats.
- Boost Mineral: The minerals silica and zinc are also critical for hair growth. Food sources of silica include cucumber, mango, green leafs, beans. Foods high in zinc are pumpkin seeds, beans, almonds and nuts, eggs.
- Protein: Hair is made of protein; hence protein in your diet helps for making hair strong and healthy and is mainly found in fish, chicken, dairy products, eggs, legumes and nuts.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Food containing omega -3 fatty acids such as flax seed, dry fruits, fish are required to maintain scalp healthy.
- Vitamin A, C & E: Helps in strengthening the capillaries and nourishes damaged growth. Vitamin ACE mainly found in carrot, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, mango, guava, oranges, papaya, wholemeal, eggs, vegetable oil etc.,
- Drink plenty of water to keep the hair moisturized. Also, hair becomes healthy and grows faster as water flushes out the toxins.
- Minimum 8hours of sleep everyday helps in fast hair growth as hair grows when at rest.
If you notice more than the regular hair falls visit a doctor right away.
Brain boosting foods
Feeding the mind with the correct food can improve brain performance, as the brain uses carbohydrates for energy; omega-3 fatty acids for forming its cell structure and B vitamins play an essential role in brain function. Therefore foods rich in these nutrients must be incorporated in your diet to boost your memory and brain power.
This leafy green is packed with nutrients like folate, vitamin E, and vitamin K which prevent dementia. Just 11/2 cup of cooked spinach packs a third of the folate and five times the amount of vitamin K you need in a day. Spinach is also high in potassium, which helps to maintain the electrical conductivity of the brain. This conductivity helps produce fast signals between neurons that make us think more clearly and respond more quickly.
Include: Take at least 1 cup of spinach in a day, in the form of porial, gravies, sambar in your meal.