Apples are coated with waxes to increase its shelf life. It can be natural or artificial wax. Different coding is used for apples as given below
5 Digit Starting with 9 -> 9xxxx Organic
5 Digit Starting with 8 -> 8xxx Genetically Modified Fruit
4 Digit -> xxxx Conventionally Grown contains Pesticides
Organic food differs from conventionally produced food simply in the way it is grown, handled and processed. Organic food is produced naturally, without using synthetic pesticides; fertilizers or sewage sludge; bioengineering; or ionizing radiation. Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals that are naturally fed and given no antibiotics or growth hormones.
Organic Food Facts
- Examples include organic milk from cows, eggs from hen that are fed naturally by grazing or consume feed that is grown organically.
- Check for the food labels and Indian certifications like INDOCERT, ISO behind the packets to make sure whether you purchase organic foods.
- Organic cereals & pulses can be chosen for better health benefits like organic green gram, red rice, groundnuts, ragi, rice & wheat flour which are commonly used.
- Thus incorporation of organic products in one’s diet may decrease the risk of consuming additional pesticide residues present in conventional foods.
- Organically raised animals are not given antibiotics, growth hormones nor fed animal by -products. Therefore organically raised animals have been shown to be significantly healthier than their factory-raised counterparts.