Herb is a flowering plant whose stem above ground does not become woody and persistent. Herbs are valued not only for its medicinal properties but also for the flavor they contribute to Indian dishes.
Coriander is a great source of potassium, iron, vitamin A, K and C, folic acid, magnesium and calcium. Therefore it is known all over the world for its medicinal properties.
Health benefits of Coriander
- Rich source of vitamin C which is essential for healthy body and skin.
- Anti-diabetic properties, stimulates insulin production and helps maintain healthy blood sugar.
- Its regular intake protects from food borne diseases due to its anti-bacterial properties.
- Contains high amount of iron which helps to prevent anaemia.
- Contains natural compounds which help to detox the body and remove all the traces of heavy toxic metals like lead, arsenic, mercury
Tip!! Women particularly should include coriander seeds and fresh leaves in their diet to gain iron
Belly Bursting Food
Belly fat is a return gift that our haphazard lifestyle and wrong eating habits give us. It not only destroys your image but also increases your risk of diseases like hypertension, diabetes and stroke. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) people who have a waist more than 40 inches have heightened risk of heart diseases and diabetes.
The most common reasons for the accumulation of fat on the tummy are hormonal imbalance, excessive eating, intake of large quantities of alcohol, sweets and chocolates and lack of exercise .Stress and improper digestion also are prominent reasons for belly fat accumulation.
Whole Grain (brown rice/ multigrain):
These are unprocessed foods that have not been stripped off their nutrients. Whole grains have carbohydrate along with goodness of nutrients like fibre and other important nutrients, such as selenium, potassium and magnesium. Easily available whole grains are whole wheat bread, whole-wheat aata, whole grain cereal & brown rice. Processed grains like white rice, processed pastas and white bread are not only high in simple carbs but also belly bloaters hence should be avoided.
Research shows that eating at least 5 servings of whole grain per day eliminate 24% more belly fat than those who take the same amount of calories in the form of refined grains.
Flavonoides, essential oils and molecules such as gallic acid, oxalic acid, malic acid and tannins contribute to its medicinal properties, it is a good source of mineral salts viz. calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and vitamin C and fairly good amount of carotene.
- The antibacterial, antioxidant and astringent effect of this fruit makes it beneficial in diabetes, diarrhea, enlarged spleen
- Teeth disorders-The bark is used as a mouth freshener and for treating inflammation of the gum tissue
- Weight loss– very low on calories and fat free
- Skin– used as a face mask to treat oily skin and acne because of its astringent and antibacterial properties.
- Ringworm treatment – water diluted juice is used as lotion.
- Diabetes- Even Diabetics can consume this fruit or drink its juice without increasing the sugar level.
Packed with antioxidants and cancer-fighting phytochemicals such as anthocyanins, pelargonidins, gallic acid, cyanidins, coumaric, catechins, kaempferols, ellagic acid, ferulic acid and salicylic acid. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B complex, folic acid, copper, iron and dietary fiber.
- Depression: rich source of Vitamin B and folic acid which give mood an instant lift and reduce depression.
- Medicinal properties– Helps in controlling cholesterol, Uric acid, insomnia , Constipation & urinary tract infections
- Weight loss: Manganese and fibre presence increase basal metabolic rate and reduce weight
- Enhances fertility– Vitamin C and magnesium enhance fertility and reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Skin : The antioxidants Anthocyanins stimulate collagen production thus giving you a beautiful complexion.
- Anthocyanins also helps fight against fungi and bacteria.
Dried fruits are not only important sources of vitamins, minerals and fiber in the diet but also provide a wide array of bioactive components or phytochemicals. These plant compounds play a role in health and longevity and have been linked to a reduction in the risk of major chronic disease.
Benefits of Raisins
Acidosis is a state of increased acidity of the blood or of the gases in our respiratory system, the source of acids for both being our stomach. It may give rise to a number of problems like boils, skin diseases and damage to the internal organs, arthritis, gout, renal calculi, hair loss, heart diseases, tumours and even cancer. Raisins are good source of potassium and magnesium – being basic in nature are very effective in reducing acidity by neutralizing the acids and thus help check acidosis.
Healthy Tip: Sprinkle a few raisins into hot or cold cereal and fruit salads.